In the Travelling Classroom Ecuador you’ll have Spanish classes, accommodation, transport and lots of activities and excursions. The four places where you will take your Spanish course are:
- Cuenca or the amazon jungle (you choose)
When? You can start the Travelling classroom Ecuador any Sunday of the year (you don’t have to start in Quito). Below you will find the start date for each location.
You will have 20 hours of group classes at all locations except for the jungle location, at the jungle location you will receive 15 hours of group classes. Groups of max 6 students, more likely groups of 3 or 4 students.
You will stay with in a guest family in Quito, Cuenca and Manta, with two meals per day. Included are breakfast and dinner. In the jungle you’l sleep in a shared room in a beautiful jungle lodge (all meals included). In Montañita a shared cabaña is your accommodation. No meals included here but you will have a large kitchen at your disposal and cook with your fellow students. At an additional cost you can request a private room in the jungle and Montañita.
Price for 4 weeks $2170 (Cuenca) / $2340 (Jungle)
The great advantage of this tour that there is no minimum number of participants, so it will never be cancelled.
Below a short video of the week in Manta (week 3 if you start in Quito).
Ecuador Travelling Classroom: Quito week
This week you will receive 20 hours of Spanish classes and you will stay at a host family with two meals a day. You will have the following activities:
- Tuesday afternoon: City tour in the old colonial part of Quito.
- Wednesday afternoon: Ecuadorian cooking class
- Wednesday night: Famous cable car trip above Quito ´Quito by night´
- Thursday: Visit the Equator, the center of the world (Mitad del Mundo) and museum Intiñan.
- Saturday: Full day excursion. Visit National Park Cotopaxi, the highest active volcano in the world! You’ll walk up and you’ll race downhill on a mountain bike. An Adrenaline injection guaranteed! Lunch packet is included. You will need different types of clothing on this day.
- Sunday: Early morning start. On the road to either Cuenca or the jungle.
In the next week of the Travelling Classroom Ecuador: your choice to go either to Cuenca or the amazon jungle.
Travelling Classroom Ecuador: Cuenca week
This week you will receive 20 hours of Spanish classes and you will stay at a host family with two meals a day. You will have the following transfers and activities:
- Sunday: transfer from the bus station to your host family
- Monday afternoon: City tour. Cuenca is located in the south of Ecuador in the Andes at an altitude of 2500 meter. The city was founded in the 16th century by the Spanish. It has two cathedrals, the first one was inaugurated in 1557 and the other one in 1880. A monastery and archaeological digs from the Inca period make this place special.
- Wednesday afternoon: Salsa dance class
- Thursday afternoon: Visit the museum of Banco Central, the Ruins of Pumapungo and the Inca garden.
- Friday: Visit the site Ingapirca.
- Saturday: Free day with optional activity (not included in the program).
- Sunday: Transport to Manta
Or choose one week of Spanish classes in the JUNGLE:
Travelling Classroom Ecuador: Jungle week
This week in the jungle you will have 15 hours of Spanish tuition and you will stay in a shared room in the jungle lodge (you can pay extra for a private room).
Also you will have all meals included! And the following transfers and amazing activities:
- Sunday: Arrival late afternoon in the jungle lodge
- Monday afternoon: Inner-tubing (drift down the jungle river on a big truck tire) or you`ll build your own raft and float on in down river*.
- Tuesday afternoon: Hike on bird island.
- Wednesday afternoon: Visit an Indian community where you will go blow fishing and drink chicha (fermented corn drink) or you’ll visit a shaman*.
- Thursday afternoon: Test your luck: dig for gold in the river and you will practice artisan fishing. Or you visit the animal rescue center in the jungle*
- Saturday: Free day, optional activities are possible at own cost.
- Sunday: To Manta: By bus to Quito and from there by plane to Manta.
*alternating these different activities are offered. We can’t tell you which activity will take place in the week you plan to go.
Travelling Classroom Ecuador: Manta week
This week in Manta you will get 20 hours of group Spanish classes and you will stay with a host family with two meals a day .Included are the following transfers and activities
- Sunday: Transfer from the bus station (coming from Cuenca) or airport (coming from jungle) to your guest family.
- Tuesday afternoon: Salsa dance class.
- Wednesday afternoon: To Monte Cristi where the well known Panama hats are made.
- Thursday afternoon: You`ll go hang gliding!!!
- Friday afternoon: Ecuadorian cooking class.
Day trip to Isla de la Plata.
These islands are also known as ‘poor man’s’ Galapagos. You will see a lot of special animals like Blue footed boobies and nests with albatrosses. With a bit of luck you will see whales on their way to the Galapagos islands.
- Sunday: To Montañita.
Travelling Classroom Ecuador: Montañita week
This week in Montanita you will receive 20 hours of group classes and you will stay in a shared room in a bungalow.
- Sunday morning: Transport from the bus station to your cabaña (shared cabaña).
- Monday through Thursday: 4 afternoons (not on Friday) surf classes for one hour. If you’ve had enough of the waves then you can also take a dip in the swimming pool of the school. Besides this there are additional cultural activities:
- Wednesday afternoon: Ecuadorian cooking class
- Thursday afternoon: Salsa dance class
Day trip to other beaches close by to surf, relax, swim and work on your tan.
- Sunday: End of program. Or transport to Quito when you have started your Travelling Classroom in another place than Quito.
Inclusive in the Travelling Classroom Ecuador of 4 weeks:
- 75 hours of Spanish classes in a group of max. 6 students. Most of the time there are 3 or 4 students of the same level in one group.
- Accommodation: in Quito, Cuenca (when you choose this town) and Manta you will stay with a host family where you get 2 meals per day (breakfast and dinner). When you book alone you`ll get a single room. In the jungle week a shared room in a jungle lodge with all meals is included. In Montañita you will stay in a shared cabaña; (private cabañas are available for a surcharge of $65 per week). Here there are no meals included but you either cook with other students or will go out for dinner in one of the cheap restaurants in the village.
- All mentioned activities and excursions.
- All transportation between the places. Including the flight from Quito to Manta if you choose the jungle option. All other transportation is by bus.
- Wi-Fi Internet connection at all schools, also in the jungle!
- Class material at your level.
- Test on Sunday to determine your level of Spanish if you are no longer a beginner.
- Internet and library use except in the jungle.
- Coffee or tea in the breaks.
- Certificate of class assistance.
- Extensive travel information before leaving on your trip and assistance on the spot.
Not included in the Travelling Classroom Ecuador:
- Flight to Quito. The airportcode for Quito is UIO. The most important airlines that fly to Quito are:
Avianca, Aeromexico, American Airlines, Copa, Iberia, KLM, United, Delta. The airport code for Guayaquil is GYE. The most important airlines which fly to Guayaquil are: Avianca, Copa, Iberia, KLM, LAN Airlines, Delta, TAME.
- A smaller part of your meals.
- Transport from the airport to your first place of the TC.
- In Quito an airport transfer costs $40 and we can arrange it for you.
- Personal expenses.
- $35 reservation fee.
Advise: Try to choose a starting date when the TC starts in Quito. This avoids traveling to another place to join the group just after arriving in Quito. Just the easiest way!
Departure dates 2018
|December||2nd and 30th||9th||16th
Departure dates 2019:
|March||24th||3rd and 31st||10th||17th|
|June||16th||23rd||2nd and 30th||9th|
||8th||15th||22nd||1st and 29th|
|December||1st and 29th||8th||15th||22nd|
Important! On the following national holidays the schools will be closed. Missed classes will not be rescheduled or reimbursed:
1st of January, 19th of April, 1st of May, 24th of May, 11th of octover, 6th of December, 25th of December, 30th and 31st of December.
Travelling Classroom Ecuador
Learn Spanish in a Travelling Classroom. Book your trip.
Book your Spanish course.
We do not only offer classes to learn Spanish in Travelling Classrooms but in many other countries in Central- and South America. Go back to the Homepage to see the different possibilities of learning Spanish in Central- and South America or combining your Spanish course with free volunteer work.