Our Spanish and Adventure tour Peru includes Spanish classes, the Jungle Inca trail, three excursions and accommodation. You will receive 4 weeks of Spanish classes in a small group 4 hours a day. During these 4 weeks of classes you will be staying in the apartment of the school in a single room! You can also stay in a double room if you are traveling with a friend. Furthermore you will have an exciting excursion each Saturday between classes.
These day-excursions are included:
- 1st Saturday: Rainbow trek to Palcoyo: above 4000 meters.
- 2nd Saturday: Rafting or zipline tour.
- 3rd Saturday: Horseback riding or quad biking.
After the 4 weeks of classes you take the final tour which is the Inca Jungle trail (description below). Upon return you have two more nights included but now with a local host family with meals included. Because you definitely want to recover after the Jungle Inca Trail before you carry on with your travels, and you get practice all the Spanish you learned during the 4 weeks of classes.
Itinerary jungle Inca trail:
1st day (Saturday) of the Jungle Inca Trail:
You leave with a taxi bus from your accommodation to San Luis in the Holy Valley (9600 ft.). Once there, after a short instruction, you will mount your mountain bike. Helmet and gloves are provided. After about 3 hours there will be a well earned picnic break in Alfamayo. After the break you’ll ride for a short time up- and downhill to Huamanmarca. Here you will find a recently discovered Inca site where you receive a brief guidance. During the 3rd part of the trip the scenery changes from mountainous to jungle. You go rafting, an experience! Once in Santa Maria, you still have plenty of time to explore the village. After a typical Peruvian dish you stay at a family-run hostal in Santa Maria. All accommodation during the Inca Trail is simple and based on a shared room.
2nd day (Sunday) of the Inca Trail
Hike from Santa Maria to Santa Teresa. After an early start you walk along cocoa plantations to a restaurant. Here you can relax in a hammock and listen to the noises monkeys make. After this break you walk to Qellomayo where it will be time for lunch. After lunch you`ll reach the traditional Inca Trail. You walk on the shores of Rio Vilcanota till you reach the famous hot springs of Colcamayo. A fantastic place to chill and relax your muscles in the hot springs. After this relaxing stop you`ll walk to Santa Teresa where you spend the night in a hostel.
3rd day (Monday) of the Inca trail
After two exciting and physical tough days the 3rd day will be a bit more relaxed. You start a bit later in the morning. Before you go on with the Inca trail you will go zip lining! Mid morning the group leaves on foot to Colpani. Here you have an amazing view and after lunch you walk two and a half hours over a flat path to Aguas Calientes. Here is your hostel where you will have a private room with own bathroom.
4th day (Tuesday) last day of your Inca Trail: the Machu Picchu!
After an early breakfast you walk up to the entrance of the Machu Picchu, the lost city of the Inca’s. Here you’ll have a 2 hour guided tour. After the tour you can wander around yourself in, on and between the archeological findings. You walk down back to Aguas Calientes where you can take a late lunch or warm up your mistreated muscles in the local hot springs (Aguas calientes means ‘hot waters’) (not inclusive). Later in the afternoon you travel back by train to Ollantaytambo where buses await tourists to take them back to Cusco. End of Inca Trail.
This tour starts any Sunday. The great advantage of the Spanish & Adventure tours is that they have no minimum number of participants, so once you book they will never be canceled, they always go ahead! However, it may be that a popular trip is full so do not wait longer than necessary with making your reservation!
The price of this total package with 4 weeks of classes, all accommodation (in total 32 nights), 3 day excursions in and around Cusco and the Jungle Inca trail to the Machu Picchu is $1350.
- 4 weeks Spanish classes in a small group, 4 class hours per day including class material.
- 27 nights of accommodation in the apartment of the school in Cusco based on a single room (or a double room when you travel together with friend) from the Sunday before the classes till the Saturday after the classes. At an extra cost you can also stay at a host family during the 28 nights accommodation*.
- 3 excursions of one day on the Saturdays during the class period.
- 2 extra nights family stay after returning from the Inca Trail.
- Jungle Inca trail to the Machu Picchu. Start on Saturday after your last class.
- Lima package: Transfer from the airport to a hotel in Lima. One night accommodation. Next day transfer from your hotel back to the airport so you can catch your flight to Cusco. You can add this package for $90.
- Flight Lima – Cusco. The price depends on the time you book and the season: The flight price varies from $160 to $270 for a one way ticket and $255 and $365 for a round trip ticket.
- Transfer from the airport in Cusco to your accommodation. You can add this for $10.
- Meals during the 28 days of accommodation in Cusco while you have your Spanish classes. And not included are these two meals during the Jungle Inca Trail: the breakfast on day 1 and the lunch and dinner on day 4.
- Personal expenses.
- $35 reservation fee.
Learn Spanish in a Spanish & Adventure trip. Book here.
We do not only offer classes to learn Spanish in Spanish & Adventure trips but in many other countries in Central- and South America. Go back to the Homepage to see the different possibilities of learning Spanish in Central- and South America or combining your Spanish course with free volunteer work.