- 1st Saturday: Rainbow trek to Palcoyo: above 4000 meters.
- 2nd Saturday: Rafting on the river in the holy valley
After the three weeks of classes you take a tour to Macchu Picchu which is called the Inca Jungle trail (description below). Upon return from the trek on Tuesday you will have one full day to relax and then you will start volunteering on Thursday. The program where you will work is called Corazón de los Apus. Take a look at their Facebook page then you get an idea. You work in the afternoons from 15.00 to 18.30.
Accommodation during your classes and during the volunteering is in the school´s apartment in a single room.
Itinerary jungle Inca trail:
- 1st day (Saturday) of the Jungle Inca Trail:
You leave with a taxi bus from your accommodation to San Luis in the Holy Valley (9600 ft.). Once there, after a short instruction, you will mount your mountain bike. Helmet and gloves are provided. After about 3 hours there will be a well earned picnic break in Alfamayo. After the break you’ll ride for a short time up- and downhill to Huamanmarca. Here you will find a recently discovered Inca site where you receive a brief guidance. During the 3rd part of the trip the scenery changes from mountainous to jungle. You go rafting, an experience! Once in Santa Maria, you still have plenty of time to explore the village. After a typical Peruvian dish you stay at a family-run hostal in Santa Maria. All accommodation during the Inca Trail is simple and based on a shared room.
- 2nd day (Sunday) of the Inca Trail
Hike from Santa Maria to Santa Teresa. After an early start you walk along cocoa plantations to a restaurant. Here you can relax in a hammock and listen to the noises monkeys make. After this break you walk to Qellomayo where it will be time for lunch. After lunch you`ll reach the traditional Inca Trail. You walk on the shores of Rio Vilcanota till you reach the famous hot springs of Colcamayo. A fantastic place to chill and relax your muscles in the hot springs. After this relaxing stop you`ll walk to Santa Teresa where you spend the night in a hostel.
- 3rd day (Monday) of the Inca trail
After two exciting and physical tough days the 3rd day will be a bit more relaxed. You start a bit later in the morning. But before you go on with the Inca trail you will go zip lining! Mid morning the group leaves on foot to Colpani. Here you have an amazing view and after lunch you walk two and a half hours over a flat path to Aguas Calientes. Here is your hostel where you will have a private room with own bathroom.
- 4th day (Tuesday) last day of your Inca Trail: the Machu Picchu!
After an early breakfast you walk up to the entrance of the Machu Picchu, the lost city of the Inca’s. Here you’ll have a 2 hour guided tour. After the tour you can wander around yourself in, on and between the archeological findings. You walk down back to Aguas Calientes where you can take a late lunch or warm up your mistreated muscles in the local hot springs (Aguas calientes means ‘hot waters’) (not inclusive). Later in the afternoon you travel back by train to Ollantaytambo where buses await tourists to take them back to Cusco. End of Inca Trail.
When? The group tour starts the first Sunday of every month. If this does not suite you, you can also start on any other Sunday with this Spanish & Adventure trip but it will not be a group trip. This is in itself no problem because you meet other students and travelers at the school, during the excursions, on the Incatrail and during the volunteer work.
Spanish and Adventure Peru $1395
The price of this total package with 3 weeks of classes, all accommodation (in total 45 nights), 2 day excursions in and around Cusco, the Jungle Inca trail to the Machu Picchu and 17 days of volunteering is $1395.
- 3 weeks Spanish classes in a small group, 4 class hours per day including class material.
- 45 nights of accommodation in the apartment of the school in Cusco based on a single room (or a double room when you travel together with friend). Accommodation runs from Sunday before the classes until Saturday after the volunteer work.
- 2 excursions of one day on the Saturdays during the class period.
- Jungle Inca trail to the Machu Picchu. Start on Saturday after your last class
- Lima package: Transfer from the airport to a hotel in Lima. One night accommodation. Next day transfer from your hotel back to the airport so you can catch your flight to Cusco. You can add this package for $90.
- Flight Lima – Cusco. The price depends on the amount of anticipation and the season: The flight price varies from $160 and $270 for a one way ticket and $255 and $365 for a two way ticket.
- Transfer from the airport in Cusco to your accommodation. You can add this for $10.
- Meals except for some meals during the Jungle Inca Trail.
- Personal expenses.
- $35 reservation fee.