Spanish & Adventure with in total 33 nights of accommodation including the Jungle Inca Trail includes:
- Limapackage: transfer from the airport to a hotel in Lima, 1 night accommodation, next day a transfer to the national airport for your flight to Cusco.
- 4 weeks Spanish classes in a small group, 4 class hours per day including class material.
- 28 nights of accommodation in the apartment of the school in Cusco based on a single room (or a double room when you travel together with friend) from the Saturday before the classes till the Saturday after the classes + 2 extra nights family stay after returning from the Inca Trail. At an extra cost you can also stay at a host family during the 28 nights accommodation.
- Transfer from the airport in Cusco to your accommodation.
- 3 excursions of one day on the Saturdays during the class period:
1st Saturday: Hike Chinchero: a scenic village in the Holy Valley and a visit to the local market.
2nd Saturday: Rock climbing and rappel tour. An impressive tour…have a look here.
3rd Saturday: Horseback riding or Hang gliding: you choose on the spot.
When you choose Para gliding you definitely need to be free of vertigo!
- Jungle Inca trail to the Machu Picchu. Start on Saturday after your last class
Itinerary jungle Inca trail:
- 1st day (Saturday) of the Jungle Inca Trail:
You leave with a taxi bus from your accommodation to San Luis in the Holy Valley (9600 ft.). Once there, after a short instruction, you will mount your mountain bike. Helmet and gloves are provided. After about 3 hours there will be a well earned picnic break in Alfamayo. After the break you’ll ride for a short time up- and downhill to Huamanmarca. Here you will find a recently discovered Inca site where you receive a brief guidance. During the 3rd part of the trip the scenery changes from mountainous to jungle. You go rafting, an experience! Once in Santa Maria, you still have plenty of time to explore the village. After a typical Peruvian dish you stay at a family-run hostal in Santa Maria. All accommodation during the Inca Trail is simple and based on a shared room.
- 2nd day (Sunday) of the Inca Trail
Hike from Santa Maria to Santa Teresa. After an early start you walk along cocoa plantations to a restaurant. Here you can relax in a hammock and listen to the noises monkeys make. After this break you walk to Qellomayo where it will be time for lunch. After lunch you`ll reach the traditional Inca Trail. You walk on the shores of Rio Vilcanota till you reach the famous hot springs of Colcamayo. A fantastic place to chill and relax your muscles in the hot springs. After this relaxing stop you`ll walk to Santa Teresa where you spend the night in a hostel.
- 3rd day (Monday) of the Inca trail
After two exciting and physical tough days the 3rd day will be a bit more relaxed. You start a bit later in the morning. But before you go on with the Inca trail you will go zip lining! Mid morning the group leaves on foot to Colpani. Here you have an amazing view and after lunch you walk two and a half hours over a flat path to Aguas Calientes. Here is your hostel where you will have a private room with own bathroom.
- 4th day (Tuesday) last day of your Inca Trail: the Machu Picchu!
After an early breakfast you walk up to the entrance of the Machu Picchu, the lost city of the Inca’s. Here you’ll have a 2 hour guided tour. After the tour you can wander around yourself in, on and between the archeological findings. You walk down back to Aguas Calientes where you can take a late lunch or warm up your mistreated muscles in the local hot springs (Aguas calientes means ‘hot waters’) (not inclusive). Later in the afternoon you travel back by train to Ollantaytambo where buses await tourists to take them back to Cusco. End of Inca Trail.
- 1st day (Saturday) of the Jungle Inca Trail:
- We have booked 2 extra nights in Cusco at a guest family for you because you definitely want to recover after the Jungle Inca Trail before you carry on with your travels!
End of Spanish & Adventure package
- Flight Lima – Cusco. The price depends on the amount of anticipation and the season: The flight price varies from $160 and $270 for a one way ticket and $255 and $365 for a two way ticket.
- Meals during the 28 days of accommodation in Cusco while you have your Spanish classes. And not included are these two meals during the Jungle Inca Trail: the breakfast on day 1 and the lunch and dinner on day 4.
- Personal expenses.
- $30 reservation fee.
The price of this total package with 4 weeks of classes, all accommodation (in total 33 nights), the Lima package, 3 day excursions in and around Cusco and the Jungle Inca trail to the Machu Picchu is $1580.
* Standard accommodation is in a single room at the schools apartment. Or a double/twin room if you are traveling with a friend. Additional prices for other accommodations during the 28 nights in Cusco: $155 surcharge for a guest family stay including 3 meals per day. Family stay is not possible during the Jungle Inca trail.
The great advantage of the Spanish & Adventure tours is that they have no minimum number of participants, so once you book they will never be canceled, they always go ahead! However, it may be that a popular trip is full so do not wait longer than necessary with making your reservation!
Go back to the homepage to see how the site is divided in Spanish classes, volunteer work and tours with and without Spanish classes.